Other activities include:
- Big house cleaning
Big house cleaning (in summer)
The big house cleaning involves checking with the housemates if thorough cleaning is required, setting a date, discussing what needs to be done beforehand and setting a reward (like free radler and/or a free/house-sponsored BBQ).
- Ask the thesau for a sponsored BBQ (budget-limited, free BBQ)
- Dont forget to organise lunch
- Try to fix a trailer (aanhangwagen, land-lord/Roel Soetebroek as of 2018) and a separate small car to bring away garbage
- Dont forget to warn/notify people a day or two before
- Dont focus on the people not showing up, focus on the hard workers and their motivation.
- Know that we have an attic above the GR which needs sifting through every now and then.
- Pro tip: think what can be fixed while the kitchen/GR are completely emptied. Now is the chance to improve on things like racks, cupboards, old wood, etc.
- Work hard and get clean house as a reward.